Fun Facts About All Kinds of Stuff!
October is National Popcorn Popping Month. Whoo hoo! Popcorn lovers unite and let’s celebrate with some cool facts about America’s favorite snack food! What? How do I know it’s America’s favorite snack food? Glad you asked! I know this because this happens to be today’s very first cool fact:
· By volume, popcorn is America’s favorite snack food.
· In ancient times, people would make popcorn by heating sand in a fire and then stirring kernels of popcorn in the hot sand
· Popcorn kernels are the tastiest fossils! The oldest popcorn ever found was discovered in the “Bat Cave” of central New Mexico. It is thought to be about 5,600 years old. In tombs in Peru, archaeologists found ancient kernels of popcorn that are so well preserved that they can still pop.
· The first puffed breakfast cereal was inspired by popcorn. After being introduced to popcorn by Native Americans, early American colonists started enjoying the first puffed breakfast cereal—a bowl of popcorn, served with cream or milk.
· Popcorn comes in 700 varieties.
I hope you have enjoyed today’s post. If you have, please like, share and subscribe!
P.S. Ever wanted to turn your love for popcorn into an awesome business? This guide to starting your own kettle popcorn business will have you popping in no time flat!
P.S. In the mood for some wholesome popcorn made from REAL ingredients? Check out Popcorn Haven in Atlanta. Be sure to try the snickers popcorn made with REAL snicker!
Welcome to your new home on WordPress.com
Living a life worth writing about.
When race is more than just black or white.
Alis volat propriis
My daily quest for One Beautiful Thing (OBT)
Natalie. Writer. Photographer. Etc.
Go out and see the world
To Love, Sex and Self Confidence
Writer | Photographer